Wed, 14 September 2016
- Charlotte Huang starts us off with her elevator pitch for Going Geek, where her idea for the book came from, and what a typical writing day looks like for her.
- Next, we ask about how she develops her writing and characters and how long it took for Going Geek to hit shelves from when she first started drafting.
- Charlotte shares some insight into Declan and Skylar's characters and what it takes to write a swoony boy.
- We talk about some of Charlotte's experiences attending a boarding school and what her favorite scenes in Going Geek were.
- We find out the characters from Charlotte's books that she'd most like to introduce.
- We dish music and Charlotte gives some sage wisdom to her 17-year-old self (and teens everywhere).
- We talk TBR piles, books that need more love, and the swooniest boys of all.
- We play a fun word association game.
- We wrap things up with Charlotte flipping the tables on us and asking us questions. :)
Direct download: SBP_AuthorTalk_Charlotte-Huang.mp3
-- posted at: 3:12pm CDT