Tue, 2 August 2016
- We jump right in with Jessica Brody's elevator pitch for A Week of Mondays and how she initially got the original idea for the book.
- We were totally inspired by Jessica's writing strategy. She shares some insight into how she structures her day, the way she develops her work, and gives a little glimpse into how important Evernote is for her.
- She gives us some detail on her brand new book, Save the Cat! Writes a Novel!.
- We talk about Jessica's book development process, how long it takes from first draft to your bookshelves, and how Jessica celebrates her book birthdays.
- Next we shift to swoony boys, specifically Owen. Jessica talks to us about her approach with writing Owen was different from other boys she's written.
- Then we discuss Ellie, a bit about the Unremembered Series, and how Jessica secretly lives out her villainous fantasies.
- Jessica answers our all-important question: will we get more Owen and Ellie?, discusses her ideas for A Month of Tuesdays, and lets us know her favorite scenes from A Week of Mondays.
- Jessica lets us know the characters from her books that she would like to introduce to each other, then she plays a little game of Two Truths and a Lie with us.
- Jessica lets us know how much she Mondays.
- We shift to other people's books, and Jessica tells us what's on her massive TBR, her latest reads, and the book she wants everyone to read. You're welcome.
- We talk about four book boyfriends that Jessica thinks are swoony, then we wrap things up by playing a fun word association game.
Direct download: SBP_AuthorTalk_Jessica-Brody.mp3
-- posted at: 8:22pm CST